THAT WE ARE COMPLIANT
Your Financial Protection & The European Package Travel Regulations
YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION
As a British Registered Company, all our guests benefit from one of the most stringent customer financial protection mechanisms in the world. Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme but ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk. If you book arrangements other than an ATOL protected flight or a package holiday, the financial protection referred to above does not apply.
EUROPEAN PACKAGE TRAVEL & LINKED ARRANGEMENTS DIRECTIVE (April 2018)
As a British Registered Company we ensure full compliance with the European Package Travel Directive (as amended April 2018) and we understand that as a consumer you have the right to expect the vacation that your have reserved and paid for. Our Expeditions form a Package within the description of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations 2018 ("the Regulations") and as such you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages as described. We are therefore fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
As required by Law, we also have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transportation is included in your package, to ensure that you are repatriated in the event that either ourselves or one of our transportation suppliers becomes insolvent.
Here are some of the important steps that we are taking to ensure your protection.
1. We will always ensure that you receive all the essential information about the package before concluding the contract. (Please see our
Booking Procedure for information on how we do this).
2. We always have at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
3. You will receive an emergency contact and telephone number where you can get in touch with ourselves or our nominated agents.
4. You may transfer the package to another person providing reasonable notice is given and possibly subject to additional costs (for example,
scheduled airlines may not permit the transfer of a booking or a name change).
5. The price of a package may only be increased if specific costs (for example the price of fuel) increase and provided that this is expressly
provided for in the contract and, in any event, not later than 20 days prior to the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the
price of your package, you may terminate the contract. While we reserve the right to a price increase as per above, you also have the right
to a price reduction if there is a similar decrease in relevant costs.
6. You may, at any time before the start of the package, terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee as
specified on your Booking Contract.
7. You may also terminate the contract before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance, if there are
serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
8. If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will
be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services
are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to
remedy the problem.
9. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are
10. We commit to provide assistance if you are in difficulty.
11. If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable,
the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is
secured. We have taken out insolvency protection with the Travel Trust Association (Membership Number Q7480).. For all International air
travel you can contact the Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex,
RH6 0YR, UK, Tel: 0333 103 6350,
website: www.atol.org.uk if services are denied because of our insolvency
12. More information on the Package Travel Regulations can be found at www.legislation.gov.uk.