THAT WE ARE COMPLIANT
Your Financial Protection & The European Package Travel Regulations
YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION
As a British Registered Company, all our guests benefit from one of the most stringent customer financial protection mechanisms in the world. Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme but ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk. If you book arrangements other than an ATOL protected flight or a package holiday, the financial protection referred to above does not apply.
At Journeys by Jet Ltd we are happy to be members of the Travel Trust Association or TTA. We hold a certificate of general membership and our TTA membership number is Q7480. Guests can verify our membership status by searching our company name or membership number on the TTA website which can be found on the below link:
Who are the TTA?
The TTA is an independent travel industry body established in 1993 and operating ever since as an association for independent travel companies and professionals. Today the TTA has several hundred members and trade partners; their membership register consists of a range of Travel Agents, Tour Operators and Travel Organisers.
How does our membership of the TTA benefit you, the guest?
Quality service and ethical practice – All TTA members must adhere to a strict Code of Conduct which requires their members to act responsibly and ensures that customers receive the best possible service.
Arbitration Service – In the unlikely event of an unresolved dispute, the TTA will provide an independent arbitration service between agent and client.
Best rates and range of products – By working with our partners and colleagues within the TTA membership, adeo travel can obtain the very best rates on a whole range of travel products and services which we can pass on to you our guests.
Financial Security – As a certified TTA member, Journeys by Jet Ltdl benefits from complete financial protection for our guests. By operating a trust account system for pre-payments, and with the TTA financial guarantee, guests can book in confidence in the knowledge the their holiday investment is 100% guaranteed.
EUROPEAN PACKAGE TRAVEL & LINKED ARRANGEMENTS DIRECTIVE (April 2018)
As a British Registered Company we ensure full compliance with the European Package Travel Directive (as amended April 2018) and we understand that as a consumer you have the right to expect the vacation that your have reserved and paid for. If our Packages form a Package within the description of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations 2018 ("the Regulations") you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages as described. We are therefore fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
As required by Law, we also have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transportation is included in your package, to ensure that you are repatriated in the event that either ourselves or one of our transportation suppliers becomes insolvent.
Here are some of the important steps that we are taking to ensure your protection.
1. We will always ensure that you receive all the essential information about the package before concluding the contract. (Please see
our Booking Procedure for information on how we do this).
2. We always have at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
3. You will receive an emergency contact and telephone number where you can get in touch with ourselves or our nominated agents.
4. You may transfer the package to another person providing reasonable notice is given and possibly subject to additional costs (for example scheduled airlines may not permit the transfer of a booking or a name change).
5. The price of a package may only be increased if specific costs (for example the price of fuel) increase and provided that this is
expressly provided for in the contract and, in any event, not later than 20 days prior to the start of the package. If the price
increase exceeds 8% of the price of your package, you may terminate the contract. While we reserve the right to a price increase
as per above, you also have the right to a price reduction if there is a similar decrease in relevant costs.
6. You may, at any time before the start of the package, terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable
termination fee as specified on your Booking Contract.
7. You may also terminate the contract before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance, if
there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
8. If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative
arrangements will be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any
termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance
of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
9. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or
are improperly performed.
10. We commit to provide assistance if you are in difficulty.
11. If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where
applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation
of the travellers is secured. We have taken out insolvency protection with the Travel Trust Association (Membership Number
Q7480).. For all International air travel you can contact the Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme Civil Aviation
Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR, UK, Tel: 0333 103 6350, website: www.atol.org.uk if services are
denied because of our insolvency
12. More information on the Package Travel Regulations can be found at www.legislation.gov.uk.